Portal: Aperture Begins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Test Chamber ~ Ideas

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:15 am

Jobro

Jobro

Post here all your Ideas for the Test Chambers. At my Idea we get the same things as normal portal games... like test chambers, broken test chambers and a escape. Why not other things? Post your Ideas here!!

2Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:17 am

GLaDOS

GLaDOS
Admin
Admin

The Terminal Discount beam =D

https://thebeginning.darkbb.com

3Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:18 am

Jobro

Jobro

Ok, now serious.. Razz

Ok what am I thinking... let's think. It's on sea. So a lot of... water... water + portals..

Ok no paint, this isn't gonna work.

I thought of some normal test chamber, but in part 2 of the test, a wall collapses and a whole water stream gets in the room. Now your able to shoot portals in the water floor and you can transport the water so u can get - simple - to the end of the room.

Last edited by Jobro on Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

4Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:22 am

GLaDOS

GLaDOS
Admin
Admin

Jobro wrote:Ok, now serious.. Razz

Ok what am I thinking... let's think. It's on sea. So a lot of... water... water + portals..

WAIT I HAVE AN FREAKING GREAT IDEA, IM GONNA DRAW IT IN PAINT ( ... ugh.). The only problem is gonna be the programming.
They are using water in BluePortals, Another cool mod that I can't wait for =D
But if you could make concepts, Then I can add it to the Mod DB-page =D

5Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:25 am

Jobro

Jobro

Ok, im gonna think of some better things and draw it on paper. I send it to you later.

6Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:26 am

GLaDOS

GLaDOS
Admin
Admin

Jobro wrote:Ok, im gonna think of some better things and draw it on paper. I send it to you later.
Arigato!

7Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:09 am

Jobro

Jobro

Mm.. as I posted before, what about a Mid-Boss? Maybe first something like: The next test is impossible, there are hunderds of turrets in the next chamber. Just when you want to enter the elevator you fall through the floor and get at the mid-boss: the Turret factory. You have to take down the mega turret (Something like friendly fire? Portals on walls, turret shoots and shoot himselfes?) Than the next test chamber isn't full with Turrets because you have taken over the Turret system..?

Oh and what about a Thunder that strikes on the ship? GLaDOS need to restart...
Yes wait. Thats for the final boss. It's just like in the first game, GLaDOS wants to shoot her poison at you. Just when she wants to fire (30 seconds waiting, the player thinks he is gonna die in 30 seconds so he wants to destroy GLaDOS), but, just when she wants to fire GLaDOS needs to restart because of a Thunder hitting the ship. (At the first time you hit, one thing is activated, than the 2nd, than the 3rd, and a counter shows how much time you have left to shoot her.) So she is getting stronger every time you hit.

Mm... 2 ideas for today, thinking of more for tommorrow.

8Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:45 am

Nmaster

Nmaster

That last boss GLaDOS idea is very nice, but maybe she becomes too strong...
The mid-boss idea is possible!

9Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 am

GLaDOS

GLaDOS
Admin
Admin

Well, for the boss I had the Idea that Mia and Hans (trapped somewhere in East-Wing where GLaDOS doesn't have control over) Goes to GLaDOS her Chamber and want to "talk" Then GLaDOS does something (i'm not going to spoiler it!) and Mia have to go back to the Test-Chambers for more and more testing, instead you'll go to the control-room of GLaDOS and you pull the plug, then something happens and the game is over

10Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:09 am

Jobro

Jobro

Nmaster wrote:That last boss GLaDOS idea is very nice, but maybe she becomes too strong...

(Easy, medium, hard mode?)

11Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:12 am

Nmaster

Nmaster

Jobro wrote:
Nmaster wrote:That last boss GLaDOS idea is very nice, but maybe she becomes too strong...

(Easy, medium, hard mode?)
That sure is possible!
Maybe we should make a thread for the bosses?

12Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:49 am

Jobro

Jobro

Look, what i dont like of this game AT FIRST, was that everything was just like the normal portal game: test chambers, broken chambers, and a end boss. I never liked such things as a pattern of events. So I want to change this pattern, and I'm sure you agree that it is working... half.

More Ideas to come !

13Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:53 am

GLaDOS

GLaDOS
Admin
Admin

Jobro wrote:Look, what i dont like of this game AT FIRST, was that everything was just like the normal portal game: test chambers, broken chambers, and a end boss. I never liked such things as a pattern of events. So I want to change this pattern, and I'm sure you agree that it is working... half.

More Ideas to come !
You mean; Boss-broken chamber-test chamber-ending?

14Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:59 am

Jobro

Jobro

GLaDOS wrote:
Jobro wrote:Look, what i dont like of this game AT FIRST, was that everything was just like the normal portal game: test chambers, broken chambers, and a end boss. I never liked such things as a pattern of events. So I want to change this pattern, and I'm sure you agree that it is working... half.

More Ideas to come !
You mean; Boss-broken chamber-test chamber-ending?

something like that Razz

15Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:03 am

GLaDOS

GLaDOS
Admin
Admin

yeha, okay, I think i'm going with;
[Prelude] Begin [Black Mesa incident] - Test-Chambers Borealis - Mid-Boss - Test-Chambers Inside Building - Last-broken Test-Chamber - Hans - Escape - GLaDOS chamber - Ending [Portal] [Portal 2]

16Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:04 am

Jobro

Jobro

GLaDOS wrote:yeha, okay, I think i'm going with;
[Prelude] Begin [Black Mesa incident] - Test-Chambers Borealis - Mid-Boss - Test-Chambers Inside Building - Last-broken Test-Chamber - Hans - Escape - GLaDOS chamber - Ending [Portal] [Portal 2]

Ok this is nice, post it somewhere, a nice timeline this is.

17Test Chamber ~ Ideas Empty Re: Test Chamber ~ Ideas Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:49 am

GLaDOS

GLaDOS
Admin
Admin

I just came up with a great idea!
But I'm only telling Glicher007 for the time being Razz
And this forum isn't dead!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: